If you want to transfer the amount of the Provident Fund (PF) from the previous company to a new account opened by the current employer, you can do so from your home. The Employees Provident Fund Organization (EPFO) also offers on-line PF transfer services. However, with the arrival of the Universal Account Number (UAN), all the employees’ accounts remain in one location, but the money stays in different accounts. So it’s important that you first share your UAN with the new firm. Later, transfer money from your old account to your current account.
How to Apply For PF Transfer
- Visit the Member Home-EPFO page first.
- Login by using Universal Account Number (UAN) and password.
- Go to online services and click on the Member-One EPF Account Transfer Request option.
- You need to verify the personal information and PF account.
- Now you need to provide information about your current employment.
- Then click on the Get Details option. Your PF account details of the previous appointment will appear on the screen.
- You need to submit an attestation on your claim from either of your previous or current employers with Authorized Signature Holding DSC.
- Click on the Get OTP option. Submit the OTP you received through your registered mobile number.
- The request for the online PF money transfer process will be sent to the previous company.
- The process will be completed in the next 3 days. The company will transfer it first. Then the EPFO field officer will verify it.
- After verification, your money will be transferred to your account. You can check your request status in Track Claim Status.
For Offline PF transfer, you have to fill Form-13 and give it to your old company or a new company.
What Need To Be Done
- Registered mobile number should be active.
- Employee’s bank account number and Aadhaar number should be linked with UAN.
- The date of an exit from the previous appointment must be needed.
- EPFO E-KYC should be pre-approved by the employer.